Friday, April 23, 2010

I have discovered oatmeal, and I don't mean with chocolate chips, butter and flour in cookies....

Knowing that lots of competitive athletes eat oatmeal for breakfast still didn't get me switched over to this awesome breakfast....never was a big fan of it. Besides, what could be better than toast and pb?? The big change for me came with teaching fitness classes at 6am and 9:15am four times a week. I found I was eating 2-3 "breakfasts'!! So, at the urging of a friend I tried oatmeal, but with protein whey powder. Now, each to their own, but WOW, oatmeal with whey power tastes like mush!! I tried, but could not choke it down. So, scooped out some more oatmeal, threw in a LITTLE brown sugar and a LITTLE maple syrup for flavor and some slivered almonds for protein....and the verdict is....Yummy, AND.... I am staying fuller longer. And, if you compare the list of ingredients on the bread or bagel I used to toast up to the oatmeal combo, I would have to concede that the oatmeal is waaay better for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment